Appreciation for Crochet Today

I had a problem with one of the patterns in "Crochet Today" magazine. Being uncertain if it was my problem or the pattern itself, I emailed the publisher for advice.

I was really impressed with the response. I heard back from them very quickly. The assistant editor emailed me back and forth several times until she'd answered all my questions. She was polite, friendly, helpful, and never made me feel it was a nuisance to deal with my questions.

Considering I'm just one small person amongst their readership, I think they really deserve congratulations for giving such a personal service. :clap

That is so good to hear. Years ago I subscribed to Crochet with Heart and one of Annie's smaller magazines. After a while, the projects all seemed to be the same. Anyhow, I recently subscribed to Crochet and Crochet Today because I think it is important to support these publications because if we don't, they'll all go belly up. There seems to be a wealth of "new" (not necessarily "young") designers these days and I think that magazines are actively seeking ou this talent rather than relying on the same old same old. I'm glad that you received such personal service.

Wow, that's great! I've been trying to decide which magazine I'd like, since I've been asked as a Christmas thing; this kind of thing makes the decision easier :) Thanks for sharing!

Heather, I agree with you - personal service is hard to find these days.

And yes Debbi, I have thanked them directly. I thought that thanking them publicly here was another way to show my appreciation. Word of mouth can be so important.

Archived