3.5" Simple Little Heart Motif

I submitted this pattern in particular with hopes that you will use it at least once for charity :) I plan to use this pattern for preemie afghans.. 5x5 squares. Someone also suggested using the pattern for coasters while in testing. Enjoy!

DSCF1622.jpg

Simple Little Heart Motif

Materials:

small amount color A (heart color), color B (background color)

H hook

tapestry needle

Note: Crochet in both loops unless otherwise indicated.

Stitches and Abbrevations:

Fan: 5 dc in st indicated

tr: treble

bl: back loop

With color A, make adjustable loop, ch 3.

Row 1: 15 dc in loop. Pull loop taut. Join with sl st in top of beg ch 3.

Row 2: ch 1, sc in same st. sk next st, fan in next st. sk next st, sl st in next st. sk next st, fan in next st. sk next st, sc in next st. Change to color B. sk next st, fan in bl of next st. sk next st, sc in both loops of next st. sk next st, fan in bl of next st. sk next st, join with sl st in first sc.

Row 3: Ch 3, dc in bl of the next 2 sts, fan in the bl of next st. dc in bl of next 2 sts. tr in space between two top fans (below next st). dc in bl of next 2 sts. fan in bl of next st. dc in bl of next 2 sts. dc in both loops of next st. dc in next 2 sts. fan in next st. dc in next 5 sts, fan in next st. dc in next 2 sts. Join in top of beg ch 3. End off color B.

Row 4: Join in same st with color A. Ch 1, sc in next 5 sts. (3 sc in next st, sc in next 9 sts) x3. sc in next 4 sts. End off, weave in ends.

:clap THANK YOU!!!! :yay

Thank you so much for posting your pattern! I am currently working on preemie afghans for the NICU unit that my newborn son just spent 2 weeks in. I donated 4 afghans that I had done while he was in there. He has been home for 2 weeks now but I am going to keep making them so they can send them home with the babies. Can't wait to try your square as I am doing heart squares now and am always looking for more heart squares!

Archived