New to Crochetville

cristin~FL

Hi everyone! I'm Cristin in FL.

I started my journey in crochet when I was 8 -- I then put my hook away for MANY years and just picked them up again about 2 years ago. I just recently started learning new stitches and am IN LOVE :manyheart with crochet! I'm a crafty girl anyway and am constantly rotating crafts -- right now it's crochet. I think some of it has to do with all the new textures in yarn we have now!! LOVE IT! Haven't used any of it yet...but soon I will!

I'm currently working on a new afghan. It's called Embossed Afghan. BEAUTIFUL! It has a FPDC pattern that is super fun! (that's one of the new stitches I just learned!) I'm only on the 7th row or something, but I'm excited to be learning new stuff!!

Although, just yesterday I was thinking of starting a "circle of friends" afghan for my best friend in MN. So, in order to get it done for Christmas, I may have to set aside my embossed afghan. Once fall rolls around, I get very involved with my step-daughter's color guard. She's a Senior this year :cheer I help sewing the flags. It's pretty stressful at times, but we just eat more chocolate and keep sewing!! LOL

Oh, I taught my leftie step-daughter how to crochet a couple years ago when I started up again. She hasn't finished anything yet, but she keeps picking Mile - A- Minute patterns and unless your stitch is ALWAYS constant, they just don't join well. I told her that after her second failed attempt...so we'll see what she tries next! :)

I have pics of some of my finished pieces. But I don't know how to downsize my files....I'll work on that.

Meantime, wanted to say HI -- I'll be floating around and checking this place out.

Oh, and I'm so excited! I just ordered a wooden crochet hook for myself and one for my crochet-maniac step-mom too! CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!! :hook

Hi and :welcome from my little corner of Northeast Ohio! Glad you decided to join us. You'll :heart this forum!

yep,Patty! I can see the distractions already!!!

I'll have to formally start a list instead of just having a 3 ring book full of patterns...LOL

:hi and :welcome from Nashville, TN

It wont be long before you have several notebooks full of patterns. :)

I know what you mean about color guard in the fall. My son just graduated H.S. and he was in the band all 4 years. The fall was "band season" and every weekend for at least 6 weeks we were somewhere at a band contest. not to mention the practices during the week and football games on Friday nights.

Glad you found us.

Barbara

Archived