I love my cat but

I have a 2 1/2 yr old cat who will not mess w/ my stuff or pretty much anything for that matter however my hubby has a 5 mth old kitten who will. He will chew on my yarn til he chews it in half and sometimes he gets himself tangled up in my yarn and projects. Sometimes I don't even notice he's chewed my yarn until i get to the end where there should be no end. There are times when I want to murder him. I just wish he could be like my cat who doesn't bother anything. He's a cute kitten but man does he test my patience.

Kitties are wonderful little creatures with a mind all their own.

Last night at a friends' house, we were laying out sewing patterns on her floor. The cat had to come and sit on the material, play with the pattern pieces and other things. It was fun to watch, since I don't have cats.

:manyheart

My pups have the same idea. And I'm horribly afraid it's going to get worse. Jenny, the main thief (caught her in the act) is going to be staying home while I go away with 3 other pups for 3 weeks. I pray she doesn't get into too much mischief. She will have other dogs to play with and DH to care for her; but...I'm afraid she's just a little klepto.

When I start a new project, I make my 2 furballs a small ball just for them. They especially like the cotton. Needless to say, I'm always picking up little yarn balls!! They have a little cotton basket where I put them when they're not playing with them and they love to tip it over and chase all the balls! They have never bothered any of my projects which I leave sitting on my couch while working on them. They just seem to know the little yarn balls belong to them, and the bigger projects are mine LOL

I have a little Beagle, Shiloh, who is a relatively new addition to the family. She'll grab my yarn and trot sideways away from me like she's saying, "Look at me, Mom!" That's the only time she bothers it, when I am actively working with it.

Maybe she thinks, "Why are you holding that hook when you could be petting ME?!!!" She thinks she needs attention all the time. She's not content yet to sit next to you, she has to be on top of you or giving you a "High 5" all the time. I do hope she out grows this!

The first cat I grew up with decided that she liked the box that my mum kept all of her dressmaking patterns (the tissue paper cutouts) in when she had her litter of kittens. She jumped into the box and ripped them all up into small comfy pieces and had her kittens in the box - there were hundreds of patterns in there!! Imagine my mothers face! She couldn't be angry for long though coz the kittens were sooooooo cute... :cat

Archived