Nylon Drawstring Bag with Pearl Handles

lacy lucy

This is a bag I completed before I went for my extended break.

Yesterday, after a lot of deliberation , I decided to go for pearls for the handle.

The drawstrings have little pearl-centred flowers at their ends.

The photo does not show the true colours - the nylon thread I used was a beautiful shade of green and the pearls I used were grey, contrasting nicely with the green.

This bag, I'm keeping for myself. There were two similar ones - in mustard and beige, that I gave my two cousins.

I'm getting quite partial to nylon threads now . The finish is much better ( with some patterns esp ) than normal yarn . I have three more colours waiting for that "right" pattern to come along.

pearlhandlebag.jpg

The bag is beautiful. Is this your pattern? I have some nylon thread that I bought for purses but I had not found a pattern that I wanted to use it on. Great job and can't wait to see the others when finished.

Thanks everyone :)

I bought my thread from our LYS ( if you can call it that ! )

The pattern is from a chart I found on the net. I made some changes - the handles and drawstring are entirely mine .

The pattern is a slightly different shell pattern worked over a basic oval ( or rectangle if thats how you want it ) for the base of the bag.

If there are no copyright issues over the "shell pattern" I can write it down for anyone who is interested.

Hope that helps !

lucy

Archived