This is what I made so far for my brother

I have 1 potholder

PA020005.jpg

here's a closer one

PA020006.jpg

and here is the 1rst of the coasters/doilies that I am making ..

PA020004.jpg

Please be honest I want to know what you guys think, so far everyone of my friends and family liked what I make because they are wanting me to make stuff for them sometime. My brother is a cook, so hence why the potholder looks like an egg lol. The coasters are going to be for wine classes because the yarn is Nashua brand and it's very elegant.

I just hope he will realise how much time and effort I've already put into this.

I am sure that he will realize that you spent a bit of time making things for him and will appreciate it. They are very nice!

Does the yarn for the coasters have a sheen to it? It looks like it in the photo, very nice yarn!

Yeah it has sheen to it. It's Nashua handknits yarn. the yarn for the potholder is sugar and creme.

So I decided I would not use the coaster ( one that was originally going to be for wine glasses lol)

I decided that should be bigger ... something to put on top of the coffee table. I am using what's left of the suger and creme Orange and yellow to make the coasters.. just thought that would be better for hot things you know>

You are doing a wonderful job.

The pot holder is great. My eldest (18) is going into the army as a cook and recognised it straight away and said that he thought it was a good idea for someone who is a cook.

The other looks very pretty - how big have you decided to make it? Maybe a tray cloth to put on a breakfast tray.

Archived