Cold Hands-Warm Hearts Crochet Along

Thanks for the kudos for Chris. I am so proud of him.

Hmmm pattern for mine...umm none. Just made it up as I went along. Guess CH does take after me :devil

He should be in the CAL.

He is an inspiration:)

Oh, I was so impressed with his work that I totally missed yours, Kimberly.

So sorry. Now I understand why he is doing so well:)

I really like yours. What pattern did you use for this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost finished with my wristwarmers I started yesterday, I just have the fun fur trim to do on the other one.

The picture of the finished one is in my blog here.

:frog

Thank you but I can't take all the credit, the pattern works up that fast :)

They don't hinder typing in the least, I'll be able to wear them this winter to keep my hands warm :c9

:frog

It's really cute. The strange thing is, if you read the pattern, there is very little shaping until you get to the top part.

Question to those of you with Mitten Experience:

isn't 30 a big starting chain?

(or do we just have tiny wrists? - 5,5"

(in my mitten I started w. 27 and that was on the large side)

The starting chain depends on whether you're doing them side to side or sock style, and what size yarn and hook you're using. I myself have officially tiny wrists, just under 5 inches around - so it sounds like you do have pretty small wrists. I couldn't even tell you the stitch count of mine at the wrists, because I did them fingers up. :hook

Remember I am a true novice at this.

I really want to do "my" mittens from top down, but need to wait till my thumb gets a bit better. The post stitches were really killing me. (of course I love doing them)

I just dug out my mitten (yes, I still only have one done, I got irritated after almost finishing and having to frog it all out) and I counted the stitches around the wrist. I have 28, and I did the cuffs alternating FPDC BPDC. It fits my wrist perfectly, it isn't loose but it also isn't tight at all. Hope that helps a little bit?

Oh, and that's with Patons Kroy sock yarn and a size H hook (because I crochet very tightly).

My yarn came! My yarn came! It's absolutely beea-utiful, I can't wait to make my mittens with it. I guess I really need to finish the other pair first now.

Matt's getting handprints of all the kids for me so I'll be able to start their mittens next. I got some yarn for Ally's the other day, I've gotta go now but I'll post it all later.

Places to go, things to do, and have to be sure to do as much/many as I can while I can.

More later...

Okay, we went to Joann's yesterday and had a coupon, so the yarn for Evan's mittens came home with us. Here's the yarn all together.

th_mittenyarn.jpg

Left to right, Jack (11), Kat (10), Dave (7 1/2), Tim (6), Evan (4) and Ally (2)

Now I'm just waiting on the handprints to get here! :hook

Hello All! I just joined up and I plan on making

these:http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-mittens.html

and these: http://freecrochetpatterns.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/chs-heartsOnAStringMitts.pdf

Not sure about the yarn yet but we are headed to the city tomorrow so I will hunt some out.

Happy Crocheting!

Amanda:hook

I finally have a web page up for this cal (and knit too if you want to).

It's at

http://www.wovenspun.com/chwh.htm

Please let me know if I inadvertantly left you name off the list or have somehow missed your finished pair (pairs) of mittens.

I am WOEFULLY behind in email and think I missed a lot.

Let me know what you think of the page.

I know I've fallen off the face of the earth since I joined this CAL. Just as progress, I did some mittens almost as quickly as I joined this CAL. I've been waiting to post until I get a picture. I will try to get a picture up soon. Life has been busy lately!

Archived