Cold Hands-Warm Hearts Crochet Along

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thanks. The yarn is Paton's Decor (ww. wool/acrylic). I really like the yarn, it is very warm and nice to work with. This is Taupe. (but if you ask me it's just beige).

I have a question:

Would wrist warmers count? I really need a pair of those before winter cause for some reason my hands get cold when I'm at the computer and I thought I'd crochet some.

They are pretty much fingerless mittens/gloves.

Which reminds me, if we want to make gloves, can we?

:frog

I say they all count because I want to make some of those warmers too :)

I have a question:

Would wrist warmers count? I really need a pair of those before winter cause for some reason my hands get cold when I'm at the computer and I thought I'd crochet some.

They are pretty much fingerless mittens/gloves.

Which reminds me, if we want to make gloves, can we?

LOL I say they count too, because I'm going to make Jack Jr. some fingerless gloves instead of mittens I think. He has so many chores on the ranch that I'm sure he'd nail his hand to a horse stall in no time if he had mittens to fuss with :lol Especially if he's anything like his uncles! :devil

Is there some pattern out there for the type that is convertible into mittens? (Do you know what I mean?)

Also, is it ok to make more than one pair, i.e. different ones?

I have a knit pattern that's convertible, I think you just make the top separate then put a button on the warmer and a buttonhole on the top and button them together to wear them.

Lemme see if I can scan in a pic of them, maybe you can get an idea from that.

Here's the pic of the knitted convertible mittens, maybe you can get an idea of how to crochet some:

mittens20lk.jpg

I did get one wrist warmer done last night, in this pattern, it's very quick and easy. I used RH Soft Baby in #7046 Bunny Print, it's really nice looking.

I'll show a pic of them both when I finish the other one, I also want to get some fun fur and trim them in that which means a trip to the store ;)

I just edited my above post to add the picture of the convertible mittens, maybe someone can figure out a crochet version.

I've never used fun fur either, thought it would be a nice opportunity to try it out, just have to figure out which color in this print I want to match.

That is on my list of WIM. I want to make some as well.

I just edited my above post to add the picture of the convertible mittens, maybe someone can figure out a crochet version.

I've never used fun fur either, thought it would be a nice opportunity to try it out, just have to figure out which color in this print I want to match.

It's really cute. The strange thing is, if you read the pattern, there is very little shaping until you get to the top part.

Question to those of you with Mitten Experience:

isn't 30 a big starting chain?

(or do we just have tiny wrists? - 5,5"

(in my mitten I started w. 27 and that was on the large side)

I haven't had a chance to read over the pattern yet. but in a quick look it shows using different sizes of hooks to acheive the different size mittens. You may need to adjust accordingly

It's really cute. The strange thing is, if you read the pattern, there is very little shaping until you get to the top part.

Question to those of you with Mitten Experience:

isn't 30 a big starting chain?

(or do we just have tiny wrists? - 5,5"

(in my mitten I started w. 27 and that was on the large side)

He should be in the CAL.

He is an inspiration:)

Oh, I was so impressed with his work that I totally missed yours, Kimberly.

So sorry. Now I understand why he is doing so well:)

I really like yours. What pattern did you use for this?

Archived