Oh Dear...

PJ

So I go into Joann for an easel for hubster and some hooks and maybe a pattern book for my SD's, NOT FOR YARN because I am a good girl (okay, I was planning to go to my LYS afterward).

I knew they were having a sale (aren't they always?), but little did I know they were having a huge clearance. They had several yarns 50% off the clearance price, which came out to 1.50 for LusterSheen and Cotton-Ease. Since I knew Cotton-Ease was going to be discontinued, I stocked up, big-time. And then the LusterSheen had a shawl pattern on it, so that caught my eye. My stash increased by about 50% in roughly 30 minutes! :eek But boy, did I get some bargains!

Now I'm off to the Lion website for good patterns for Cotton-Ease, LOL.

Ooh, I love Microspun, but they didn't have it on clearance at my Joann's. Oh well, I've got plenty of yarn to work with!

I was at Joann's yesterday buying fabric for a baby quilt and went to check out the yarn because everyone here said it was on clearance. Well.... not at my Joann's. :think So I didn't buy any yarn. Oh, well. There is always next week.:D

The major downside to the Cotton Ease going bye bye is that my class sample for my beginner crochet class was made with it, so now I have to make a new sample! Ugh.

I had picked out three different colors of TLC (a purple, a pale green, and a rusty color), when a friend pointed out that the rust was on clearance, too! GAH! So I picked out an off white to go with the purple and green... and ended up buying the last 4 skeins of the rust, anyway, for ME. LOL!

Archived