Crochet!

esiepiela

I received my new copy of Crochet! yesterday. I usually LOVE this magazine but I am very disappointed with this new issue. There are three patterns in there where you have to know how to knit to make them. I don't know how to knit and I subscribe to Crochet! because its a crochet magazine. I am very upset with this issue. :angry

Maybe if you write a letter to the

Editor, Crochet! magazine, expressing your concerns,

if they get others that feel the same way then

they will reconsider for future issues.

The editors can't know unless we voice our

opinions.

I am sorry you were disappointed.I know how

much fun it is to look forward to a new issue.

Sharon

It's funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw those 3 knitting patterns. I figured they were catering to the group of crocheters that also knit (which is a larger group than I thought it would be), but for me, who doesn't knit at all, it was a waste of space in my crochet magazine! :angry

Please take a closer look at the combination knitting/crochet pattern section. These patterns are not meant to be part of the regular content of the magazine. They are marked at the top "advertising content" or something like that. Caron paid for the page space to include those in the magazine, at least that's what I would think since they're clearly labeled advertising.

We may see that same pattern section in some of the knitting magazines as well.

Don't worry----when I first saw those patterns, I wondered the same thing. I didn't see the "advertising content" information at first either, until I took a closer look at those pages.

I have just started the second sweater. The main body is knit but the neck, sleeves and bottom are all crocheted. I totally fell in love with the pattern and am looking forward to wearing it when finished. I am even enlarging the pattern to fit me. I am using white for the body and a light blue for the sleeves and trim. For those of us who do knit and crochet, I thought this was a great idea to combine the two.

Archived