Out of print doily book I got yesterday....

We have a group at my church, called the "So and Sews", and we do charitable sewing. We make stuff like lap robes, bibs, walker totes, etc, for the shut-ins as well as local nursing homes.

Yesterday we had a meeting, and someone had given us two boxes of assorted craft "stuff" from a woman who recently passed away. There was some fabric, some yarn and crochet thread, and a few random patterns.

Check this out, I snagged it up (since I am the only one who crochets).

http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Lattice-Pineapple-Doilies/dp/B000L7KDHW This was about the only one I found when I googled it, so it must be a rather rare booklet.

These are pretty neat looking doilies! Don't know if I'll ever actually make one of them, but this was a fix for my pattern addiction. :lol

I also "scored" two Susan Bates hooks (my favorite kind!). One is a size H, one is an afghan hook. There were a bunch of Boye hooks, but those will go to Goodwill with the rest of the stuff nobody wanted.

There were also a bunch of granny squares that the lady had made, and I brought them home, thinking to maybe crochet them together and make a lap blanket out of them.

And of course I brought home some more thread, just what I need. :think Some dark red, and some green.

That's a nice looking old book...really old-fashioned looking doilies, I love them! the one in the upper left looks like a sunflower to me. Congrats on getting the SB hooks...the best kind:hook It's very nice that you are conserving the squares :yes

That's a nice looking old book...really old-fashioned looking doilies, I love them! the one in the upper left looks like a sunflower to me. Congrats on getting the SB hooks...the best kind:hook It's very nice that you are conserving the squares :yes

That one is called "Pineapple Pie"! Very appropriate. I've never done a doily with lattice work, if I ever get around to it, it should be interesting!

Looks like a lovely book - I am sure the lady who made the squares will appreciate you putting them together and using them as a lap blanket as you will remember her every time you use it :flower

Archived