Some dyeing I've done :)

Momcrochets

I bought some peaches and cream white on a cone, wound most of it into hanks and put some dye (dylon) into spray (the cheap walmart ones) bottles. Spread the yarn onto a plastic trashbag outside, and spritzed them like crazy.

It was fun.

0eb59bdb.jpg

This is a little bit of leftover bamboo (aunt Lydia's bamboo thread), maybe 50-75 yards of it.

Here's the peaches and creme:

934074ef.jpg

It's pink and yellow, mostly layered , but there's some subtle shading in it too. Peachy-colored kinda

So what do you think?

Thanks everyone. I left some on the cone b/c I was impatient. I wonder if I'll have

If you wanna try it, but you're nervous, start with a 2oz ball, and find a tie-dye event somewhere during the summer...I dip-dyed some last year that turned out pretty well too.

Or...

If you like colored thread, check out the bannered ad Sara's Colorwaveyarns dot com. She's got some gorgeous thread AND Yarn for sale that she has dyed. I ordered some...It came quickly and I love the colorway, the photos are remarkably accurate. shipping was reasonable too. (It was my birthday present:))

I have no idea what special thing I'm going to make with the yarn I dyed though :lol

Archived