fancy christening outfit

Hi, I'm totally new to this forum. I have been searching for weeks for patterns for quite 'elaborate' Christening outfits. (I'm an about-to-be first-time grandmother!!!). I would like to make a long, beautiful crocheted gown and outfit to be handed down from generation to generation. I would like to use #10 thread. Any suggestions as to where I could get same would be so appreciated. Thank you. pd

If you want to spend a couple $$, Delsie Rhoades often has a couple of hers on ebay. They are adorable!! Haven't started one yet, but I have both :blush (not for my own babies, they're 7 and 4). I think they're about $7, buy-it-now (no shipping, download pdf type)

HTH

In the Beautiful Boutique Babies book, there is a gorgous Christening dress that I had made out of Lustersheen white thread for a lady I work with. It turned out fabulous.

I may make that one again for the county fair, and then put it aside for my daughter, for when she gets married and has kids.

It's a nice book.

:manyheart

Here are two that I really like. The first is a Pineapple Christening Gown from Leisure Arts Library and calls for size 10 thread. I entered this outfit in the local county fair and got best in show for the Adult category! Here is a picture:

gown480x360.jpg

Another beautiful dress is the Heirloom Christening gown from Crochet Pattern Central, although this one does call for size 20 thread.

gown2480x360.jpg

Archived