Crochet Quilt-along?

lilrnbwshorty

so i want to start this project but i think it would be a bit more exciting :yay to do it with a bunch of other people soooo whos with me?

below i will put the pattern that i have chosen and the name of the pattern will be a direct link to the page that i got the patter from....

take a look and lets get started! im actually using this as a stash busting project soooo hopefully it will come out looking more unique because im not one for the traditional style of things!

WHOS WITH ME? :hook

love_letters_med.jpg

Finished size approximately 62" x 90"

ABBREVIATIONS

beg - beginning

ch - chain

sl st - slip stitch

sp - space

dc - double crochet

sc - single crochet

BLO - Back Loop Only

NOTE: This afghan is worked using worsted weight yarn in the colors specified with each project. It is made up of two different types of granny squares: a solid color granny and a bi-color granny. General directions for each are as follows below. Simply crochet the number of squares needed for each block in the color required then assemble as described in instructions.

SOLID COLOR GRANNY

Finished square measures approximately 2 1/2”

Ch 4, join with a sl st to first chain to form a ring

RND 1: Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 1, (3 dc in ring, ch 1) three times, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

RND 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in first ch 1 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1 (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1) in remaining 3 ch 1 sps, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3, finish off, weave in loose ends

BI-COLOR GRANNY

Finished square measures approximately 2 1/2”

Ch 4, with main color, join with a sl st to first chain to form a ring

RND 1: Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 1, 3 dc in ring, drop main color but DO NOT cut, pickup second color, YO draw through loop on hook, 3 dc in ring, ch 1, 3 dc in ring, ch 1 , join with sl st to top of beg ch 3

RND 2: Turn, sl st in first ch 1 sp, ch 3, 2 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 sp, drop second color, pick up main color again, YO draw through loop on hook, 3 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in last ch 1 sp, ch 1, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3, finish off, weave in loose ends

LOVE LETTERS CROCHET QUILT

Materials Needed

60 oz White worsted weight yarn

24 oz Rose worsted weight yarn

40 oz Lavender worsted weight yarn

Size "G" crochet hook or size needed for gauge

Tapestry needle

Total Granny Squares Needed Per Blocks (6 blocks required):

24 Rose (solid granny)

66 White (solid granny)

44 Lavender (solid granny)

10 White & Rose (bi-color granny)

Block Assembly

Using tapestry needle and appropriate color yarn and stitching thru BLO, assemble the blocks using the diagram below for placement (6 blocks total required):

love_letters_block.jpg

Afghan Assembly

Using tapestry needle and appropriate color yarn and stitching through BLO, assemble the 6 completed blocks into a grid 2 blocks wide by 3 blocks long (see photo at top of page).

Border (note: border on photo has a scallop round added)

RND 1: With Lavender yarn join with a sl st to any corner ch 1 sp, sc around, work 3 sc in each corner ch 1 sp, join with sl st to first sc to join

RND 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in each sc around, work 3 dc in each corner, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3 to join

RND 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in each dc around, work 3 sc in each corner, join with sl st to first sc to join, finish off, weave in loose ends

Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these instructions. We cannot be responsible for human error, difference in individual stitching techniques or typographical errors.

Copyright© 2007 C.L. Halvorson

i guess im going to just trot along on this project and join the other cal... thanks to the people that did respond and im sorry if this post seemed redundant because of the other one. thanks :( im off to :crocheting

Archived