Making a pattern in faith?

How many of you have started a pattern, it didn't look right, so pulled it out (repeatedly:lol) and then just decided to work the pattern as written in faith that it would be right when finished?

I'm working a pattern today that I pulled out 3 times because it wasn't looking right. Finally being 7 months pregnant and tired I said forget it, I'll just work it as written....and lo and behold the piece now almost finished looks exactly as it's supoosed to.:clap

I have done this with other patterns too, and I just imagine how much more I could get done if I would quit second guessing things, lol.

Sometimes I really wonder about myself....

I made a little bunny once that really didn't really look right, especially the ears but I went by the pattern anyway and it turned out really cute. I was relieved.

Yes, guilty as charged. The pattern doesn't seem right, or the crochet doesn't look right, so I fiddle with it. . . only to find out the pattern was right after all. :blush

Problem is, there's other times where there are errors in patterns and I'm so glad I can figure it out/second guess. :hook

The ideal would be to know exactly when to follow the pattern and when to 2nd guess, then we'd be perfect :lol

I'm horrible for twisting patterns around, I hate to follow it exactly. Mainly because, well, if I do, then I've just made something someone else has made. But if I tweak it, then it's unique, right?

Besides, I hate to frog projects, at any level. Only have frogged one, and that was 'cause I needed the yarn for something I was actually going to finish for a gift.

I tend to have faith in published patterns, and in patterns that the writer has said were tested with pictures.

Archived