Testers Found for Earflat hat Pattern

CroJulee

Hi all, I'm looking for 3 testers for an ear flap hat pattern I'm working on.

I'd like the pattern tested by Friday. The hat only takes about 1.5 hours to make.

MrEarflap1.jpgMrEarflap2.jpg

Materials needed:

2-3 ounces worsted weight yarn

Small amount of a contrasting color for 1 rnd sc

"H" crochet hook

tapestry needle

If you're interested in being a tester pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able.

Thanks

Julee

Howdy testers,

Patterns been sent out!! Yeehaw!!

Can't wait to hear how it worked for ya'll and I can't wait to see some pics (not required but really nice though).

Thanks

Julee

Thanks Debby!! I think he's pretty cute too!! lol. I think I'll have to keep him around a while longer to model some more of my hats. He makes taking pics of my hats a little bit easier.

Julee

Darn I just missed this one. It would have came in handy too.

Ooh, I'm sorry. If I didn't already have a ton of testers I'd email it right to you but I already had all the testers I needed (or could handle) within the first few minutes.

Sorry

Julee

Julee, I finished the hat, and it's DARLING. Unfortunately, like I said to Chris, our camera is out of commisions right now! :bang I don't know how soon it can be fixed, either. I'm sorry!

The pattern was pretty much easy and understandable. :) However, my H hook turned out a head that barely fits a size 6T little girl! :think

Julee, I finished the hat, and it's DARLING. Unfortunately, like I said to Chris, our camera is out of commisions right now! :bang I don't know how soon it can be fixed, either. I'm sorry!

The pattern was pretty much easy and understandable. :) However, my H hook turned out a head that barely fits a size 6T little girl! :think

Hmm, should have turned out bigger. Did you make sure that your gauge was right and that the stitch count was correct? What size yarn did you use? I've used this pattern forever and it's always made the right size beanie.

Julee

Hmm, should have turned out bigger. Did you make sure that your gauge was right and that the stitch count was correct? What size yarn did you use? I've used this pattern forever and it's always made the right size beanie.

Julee

No, I didn't double check my guage. :think I've never needed to before! I always have gotten good results w/o it. I guess next time I will. :eek

As for the stitch count, I'm fairly sure it was fine. I am not 100% positive, tho.

And I just used crummy old Red Heart. Actually not so crummy. ;)

It turned out cute, tho! Someone I know will be thrilled to get it come Thanksgiving! :manyheart

No, I didn't double check my guage. :think I've never needed to before! I always have gotten good results w/o it. I guess next time I will. :eek

As for the stitch count, I'm fairly sure it was fine. I am not 100% positive, tho.

And I just used crummy old Red Heart. Actually not so crummy. ;)

It turned out cute, tho! Someone I know will be thrilled to get it come Thanksgiving! :manyheart

I agree, Redheart's not that crummy. Maybe a little bit cheaper but they've done pretty well all these years though. They've been around a long time.

One rule of thumb I've always used for making hats is: Make sure the circle is 5 1/2 inches across (with the circle almost perfectly flat) and then you can be pretty sure it will fit your head. Don't know if this will work for everybody but it's always worked for me though.

Can't wait to see a pic of it if you can get one!! It sounds cute!!!

Julee

Archived