Pineapple Mile-A-Minute Afghan Pattern! Starting a RAOK List! Details in 1st post!!!

MissRach

Question

(I hope this is okay, the way I am posting it in a new thread. :))

Sandy55 posted asking for a pattern for a pineapple MAM afghan pattern. I found it, now someone needs to find it! :lol

In the Annie's Attic "Needlecraft Catalog" #75 (apparently from 1993 or 1994), on page 15 is a set of Mile-A-Minute Afghans. It is a six pattern set (#234K):

1. Pineapple Strips
  2. Southwest Trails
  3. Mile-A-Minute Granny
  4. Victorian Lace
  5. Aran Afghan
  6. Summer Shells

I checked the Annie's Attic website, but couldn't find it, which is NOT surprising!

But now we KNOW what to look for! :clap

:hugMissRach

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, we are doing a RAOK with this pattern. froggie MAY have found it at her local thrift store; if so, she is going to SNAG it! :yay It is also on eBay in several places!

The first person to actually purchase a copy will send it to Sandy55, the original asker! Then when Sandy is done with her afghan, the pattern can be sent to the next person. obviously the original is sent and no copies are made 'cause of copyright issues! :lol

Here's the list; simply post if you want to be added! :crocheting

1. proudmama762003
  2. teakaycee
  3. froggie
  4. shelley1957
  5. Sandy55

******** Sandy55 has hurt her shoulder, so she is sending the pattern on to proud mama. I think we should all give Sandy some hugs! :hug ********

When you are DONE with the pattern, PM me and I will coordinate getting it to the next recipient!

:hug

(I will bump myself down on the list if we get more. :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I just won the pattern book off of eBay! Yay! So now we have Froggie's and mine! Looks like Sandy and I will have the first pineapple-ghans! :crocheting

The Annies Attic leaflet w/ the Pineapple MAM is in the mail to Sandy55 now. I don't get out much these days because of work schedule and gas prices, so I apologize for the delay.

Sure thing, Shelley!

*wiggles* I MAY be winning the pattern on eBay in a few....We'll see.

EDIT: YES!!!!! I got the pattern book on eBay! So we may have two RAOKs to do! But I am off the list now that I have mine, and after I make it, if we need another one to send out, it might just be in the queue!

I was looking through my books for another pattern and ran across one that was not labled as mile a minute (MAM) but was done in panels and is pineapples. It is in the Leisure Arts Afghans for All Seasons -- There are several of the books that are labeled as such and current issues are Book 2, 3 4 etc. I have 2 different books with the same title, different patterns though. The one that has the pineapple ghan is copyright 1993, called Harvest Gold on page 70. Just to give everyone a different option. It looks like the attach method is sc chain a few sc in other panel etc.

This may not be the exact pattern, but I wanted to give extra options if needed.

Here is the book I was referring to on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/dp/0942237242?tag=cherylcalif-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0942237242&adid=19B6F1K7ZX2W7FRMGYNX&

I already posted this in the original thread.

FYI - The original thread has a reference and picture to another pineapple MAM and a link to the book.

Thank you!

I think I'll hold off right now - It's beautiful, though!

I'm going to be watching for everybody's pictures! :cheer

Oh this sounds fun............... can I be added to the list please.

I have recently fallen in love with Pineapple 'anything'... this would be fun to make that 'ghan to go with a baby dress I want to make someday.

:ty

:mug

Done!

Is there a picture of this afghan somewhere?

I love pineapples, but I don't usually care for MAMs.

I looked at the pictures in the eBay auction, but I didn't see it....

:think

Hmm. I don't have it available right now, but maybe as soon as Sandy55 gets it she can put up a picture?

EDIT: You can see it a little in this eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Attic-Mile-A-Minute-Afghans-Crochet-Patterns_W0QQitemZ360082733065QQihZ023QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh this sounds fun............... can I be added to the list please.

I have recently fallen in love with Pineapple 'anything'... this would be fun to make that 'ghan to go with a baby dress I want to make someday.

:ty

:mug

I was looking through my books for another pattern and ran across one that was not labled as mile a minute (MAM) but was done in panels and is pineapples. It is in the Leisure Arts Afghans for All Seasons -- There are several of the books that are labeled as such and current issues are Book 2, 3 4 etc. I have 2 different books with the same title, different patterns though. The one that has the pineapple ghan is copyright 1993, called Harvest Gold on page 70. Just to give everyone a different option. It looks like the attach method is sc chain a few sc in other panel etc.

This may not be the exact pattern, but I wanted to give extra options if needed.

I agree...Sandy gets it first.

I hope it's still there in the morning. I actually ran up there just now, hoping that they were open late tonight. They weren't...

This is such a coincidence. I was making my thrift store rounds today. Found a box of yarn and an AA book--mile-a-minute afghans w/ the pineapple strip! I didn't buy it, though...

Archived