Thread Questions

Empress Busy Bee

I need a size 30 thread. I can only find it in white or off white. I need pink, purple, or something colored. I'm wondering if I can dye it with kool aid or something, or better yet (easier) can I just use sewing thread even if I have to hold two strands together?

Or any other suggestions?

I do not want to order online at this time, thanks. ;)

Thank you in advace. :hug

I think the kool-aid will mostly (but not all) wash out of the cotton. If you want pale that might be the way to go. ;) I keep meaning to try Rit dyes, I believe those should work well.

If you use sewing thread, you might want to use at least three, and maybe even four strands together. I'm making a painted doily using three strands of sewing thread and a size 10 steel hook and the hook seems too big at times.

Two strands of sewing thread will be very tiny~~you'd need at the biggest a size 13 steel hook! Just a suggestion.

If you go far enough into the Joann.com website under Help it tells you that if you want to order with a check, add to your shopping cart as though you were ordering on line; be sure to add sales tax and shipping...then print the order form and mail to them in CA with your check. Most people miss this...but I too don't use my credit card on line if I can help it......hope this helps

:manyheart Linda

I was in Joann's today, and they finally had someone in the yarn dept that knew what she was talking about. She told me that they carry size 30 crochet thread in colors, in the store. Try your local store.:hook

Hi -- If you go to http://www.dmc-usa.com/dmc_products/DMC_Threads/Crochet_Threadsyou can search for stores in your area that carry Cebelia thread, etc. I'd try that, and then call your local stores and see if you could have them special order the colors you need.

I'm intrigued by the Kool-Aid idea. Would you just dump the whole ball into the Kool-Aid solution, or do you have to unwind it first?

Beth

Archived