Just a little crochet funny

Here's a funny --the tan colored scarf was made from a patons yarn I found at the dollar store, it is really furry and soft.

I managed to convince my 15 year old step daughter that it was made from cat hair. She was horrified, it was sooooo funny. I can't believe that she believed me, but she did. :haha:rofl How I kept a strait face while telling her that I'll never know. I kept it up for about 15 minutes, but I was dying inside.

th_100_5901.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I knew a lady when I lived in So Cali who did make her own yarn out of her cats' hair. She own quite a few 10 or so cats, she used to breed them, I don't remember the type, but they had very long hair. She would brush them every day and gather the hair and spin it into yarn. It was very soft and she sold what she made :D

My husband used to do stuff like that to me, when we were first married. After a few times, I told him I don't believe anything you say anymore.

That was kinda funny though. People will spin their dogs' hair, too. So it is believable. :P

Tina

Anytime you can get one over on a teenager, go for it!

There's a published book on using pet hair to crochet. Must be at least 15 years old. Saw it once in the library.

That poor baby! You should be ashamed of yourself :eek...NOT!

That's hilarious!!!! I would love to have seen her face! I don't know if I could have kept a straight face. Although, DH and I have been known to pull some pretty good ones on the boys ourselves...but it's still hard to do without cracking up.

I love it!!!! Good job!

The scarves are great looking, by the way.

That is too hilarious. It reminds me of a time in college as a freshman when my suitemates and I convinced one of our roomies that the cows in Harrisonburg were genetically engineered to have two long legs and two short legs so they could stand on the sides of the mountains. She believed it too, ditzy thing that she was.

Archived