Yarn needed

MamaBearCRTE

Hello everyone.

A local prison has a program called the Bridge Program for prisoners who are not capable of doing physical labor because of age or disability. They teach the men to crochet and then they donate afghans, hats, scarves, etc to families in need and to local nursing homes. Right now they are running low on yarn. If you have any scraps of yarn that you are wanting to get rid of let me know and we can make arrangements. They use every little bit of yarn they can get their hands on. They will even take items that have been crocheted and that are out of style or not useful anymore and use the yarn from that.

Have a great day!

i will see what i can do also, its good they are able to keep these men productive even though they are not able to do "normal" work its good they are helping others it helps them also ,everyone wins:):)

I'll see what I can do. Until recently, I also used every tiny scrap of yarn that came my way. The big problem now is postage costs! For me to send a box would cost so much. I have to make sure it would make sense to do that.

Thank you all for the responses. When you are ready to send the yarn please send me a pm and I will give you my mailing address. And I do understand about shipping costs. They can be high. I have found that if you can use an envelope, it is a lot cheaper than a box.

Have a great day!!

Jessica

Archived