New poster, old crocheter from Florida

mintjulep

Just found this website while doing a search. I am looking for a particular brand and type of yarn that has been discontinued so I'll post elsewhere on this forum, but first wanted to say "hi"!

I love to crochet so know I will enjoy this forum, and getting some great tips and suggestions. This looks like a great place to meet fellow crochet addicts!

I'm in hot, muggy Florida, originally from Illinois...farm country.

Thanks for the welcome AZ, Tampa and MN! I can see I'm going to spend a lot of time here in the future, this forum is active and moves fast! I hate forums where someone doesn't post for days or weeks. I have to spend some time reading and learning my way around. I guess I have to be around awhile before I can post links or photos, huh??? Whoops, I see IMG is on so I can post photos, just not HTML.

No, I think you can post links. You can either copy them right in or go advanced and you should have the little world with the oval. Also, for pictures if you have photobucket, doing them clicky seems to be best.

Where about in FL are you?

In your photobucket account, select the little check box next the picture you want to share here. At the bottom of the page, select "Generate HTML Codes" or something along those lines. You'll get four boxes of code. There's one that has clickable images for message boards. Copy that box and past it into your message and then you'll have a clickable image.

Mmmmmmmm, love those mint juleps! :waving

I am still new here too, but have been touched by so many already. Hope you find Crochetville a warm and happy place to visit. :hook

Oh my gosh, this is such a warm welcome. Thank you so very much! "Hi" Oveido, was down in your neck of the woods last week visiting Fort Christmas. And "Hi" to all of you on this Friday!

I've joined a couple of other message boards in the past and MAYBE had a couple of "hellos" if lucky! Prizm, thank you for the tips from photobucket. I've posted photos on forums, but do it so infrequently that I ususally screw it up for the first two or three attempts.

Right now I'm working on a crochet blue bunny, I've got one more ear to start and finish before I add some fabric pads on the feet, hands and ears and construct. It's the first time I've worked the pattern. The instructions call for foam pellets and fiberfill. I think the pellets are to add a little weight so it will "sit" on a counter, but I don't think I want to purchase and use them. This is for a small child and that doesn't seem to be a great idea.

I just finished a tote for grocery shopping...trying to do my part to get away from those plastic bags. I have 2 now and want at least a total of 4. Also just finished a ruffled scarf from a skein of leftover yarn. The scarf was the 3rd thing I tried with the leftover....I tried a hat, another scarf and finally this ruffled gem. Ya know sometimes some yarns just don't work with some patterns. It was very stretchy and the hat turned out too big, the other scarf just didn't look right with that particular yarn, which was a light chenille, and finally the ruffled scarf just took the yarn perfectly! There was a LOT of froggin' before that final treasure evolved!

Have a wonderful day and Happy Crocheting to everyone!!

Archived