Hi Everyone

sarah_ea

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Crochetville and decided to post my introduction. I came accross this site while searching for patterns and saw the crochet games of ancient greece. I decided this might be something fun to do, so I joined the site to participate in the games. So far my project is coming along nicely and I think I may have underestimated the challenge, as I will probably get done this week. However, I didn't realize with this pattern that a lot of weaving in ends is required, so this is a challenge for me since I don't like to do this!

Okay now for the about me part. I live in Kentucky and I just turned 30 about a month ago. I'm not married and I don't have any children, although I hope to someday. I just haven't found the right guy yet but I hope to find him soon because now that I am 30 I don't know how much longer I can wait to have children.

I started crocheting again about 3 months ago. My mom taught me the granny stitch when I was around 11 but that was all I knew. I hadn't crocheted for many years mainly because I didn't have the time. In December my mom passed away and in Febraury my job was eliminated, so I was faced with two major life changes and a lot of time on my hands. Finding a new job has proven more difficult than I anticipated and I needed something to do to keep myself from going crazy. That's when I began to crochet again.

In the 3 months since I have started to crochet again, I have taught myself a lot about crocheting. I learned the actual name of the stitches I was doing and how to do even more stitches. I'm still a novice but with the help of instruction manuals and youtube I am getting there. I know two expectant mothers and I have made each of them a baby afghan, booties, cap and mittens. It took me awhile but I finally found a pattern for each of these that I could work. I am now working on blankets for my niece and nephews. I have one completed and the other two started.

This pretty much sums up my introduction. I apologize that it was so long. It is nice to meet everyone.

Sarah

P.S. I am interest in doing the crochet squares swap and was wondering if anyone could give me some information on this. I know that on this site you have to be a member for 30 days and have 30 posts to have access to that portion of the site. Does anyone know any other sites that host swaps? Is participating in this very expensive? I know the cost for yarn but I don't know how much postage would run. Any information I could get would be helpful. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived