Project Linus Question

My mom's church is accepting afghans for Project Linus. They gave out the flyer from PL that says blankets should be 40" by 60". The thing is I really wanted to make a starghan for this. Do you think that would be okay? Has anyone ever made one for them? Any advice would be helpful thanks!

Our PL group is asking for the larger size ghans as they are always short for teens. But I'm sure a teen would love a starghan too. I've sent starghans, round ripples, etc in all different sizes and they love them. The odd size/shapes are just a little more difficult to fold and store until needed.

Yup, Mom and I make make starghans and round ripples all the time for our local PL chapter. After the first batch, they said that the nurses at one hospital didn't know how to present the baby in the stargahn, so the PL volunteer wrapped a doll like a burrito in it to show them. Never had any other comment on unusual patterns with regards to storage issues, though. Mom makes the preemie and infant ones, so I usually make teen-sized ones myself. I wouldn't recommend using baby pastel colors, though, since all the teens I know are insulted if you think they're children. But vibrant colors, jewel tones, etc., would be great. Patty

I have sent in numerous star ghans and round ripples to our chapter of Project Linus with no problem most people tend to donate the smaller size and they always run short on teen to young adult sizes I think that is why they were asking for 40x60 size but like the others have said I'm sure a teen would love a star ghan

I have made a few different types of afghans in the 40 x 60 size. I've been wanting to make the starghan for a while now and thought this would be perfect. Now I have a good excuse to go to AC Moore. Need more yarn....must get more yarn..... Thanks alot for all your help.

Project Linus probably gets a lot of baby afghans, and not enough "teen" (ages 12 and up) sizes. So when a group offers to make some, they let them know what size they need most. Otherwise, they take any kind, as long as it's not lacy. One solid piece or solid squares sewn together. I've sent baby, toddler and teen sizes. My mom just took 2 of my baby afghans Sat. for Project Linus. 96 - 5" squares, 8 sq. X 12 sq. with a border is good. 40 - 8" squares, 5 sq. X 8 sq. (or 35 sq. 5 X 7) with a border will work too. It doesn't have to be exact, basically 6' X 3' (to 3.5') is a teen afghan.

Ellie 13

Archived