TLC Amore

crochetfun

I really like working with this yarn but before I would stock up on more I'd like to ask those of you who have used it whether it holds up well, if it washes well, whether it stretches a lot.

I appreciate your advice:)

It washes well (by itself, on delicate) and it does have some stretch to the body of ponchos I have made with it. I find to keep the neckline stretching, I just as a slip stitch all the way around when I'm done.

It can be a bugger to work with, but has such a nice drape. I would also use a larger hook then they recommend.

Waaaaaay better than Homespun! (Homespun kills my wrists for some bizarre reason.)

Me, too! But Amore is great; my favorite scarf is made of it, and it's held up through two winters with almost no visible wear and tear.

Me, too! But Amore is great; my favorite scarf is made of it, and it's held up through two winters with almost no visible wear and tear.

Oh that is good to hear. I just finished a shawl for my daughter in it. I was hoping it would last. (I'll post the pictures tomorrow, oops ... later today)

Thanks again:)

I really don't mind working with it. Much better than Homespun (for me).

I agree about that! Homespun hurts my wrists (like Andrea) and frustrates me to no end! The amore worked up very differently.

Homespun hurts my wrists too, but I do use a larger hook than it calls for anyway.

I go up 2 or 3 hook sizes and still have problems. I have given up on that stuff. :) hehe.

[when I first got back into crochet a couple of years ago, I picked up some LB Homespun at the local Michaels because a friend of mine kept saying how much she loved the stuff. Oh man. Bad idea! Serious frustration from the beginning. I went back out and picked up a bunch of wool-ease and that worked out better. :) ]

I love the amore, but Homespun is my favorite. I just love the way it feels. I had to make 4 ripple afghans with Homespun for my friends birthdays. I loved the first one so much, I had to keep it for myself. I have made 3 for my friends so far. Also made another for my aunt as a gift for her new home. I have one more to go, but I will wait until fall.:c9 :c9

I love the amore, but Homespun is my favorite. I just love the way it feels. I had to make 4 ripple afghans with Homespun for my friends birthdays. I loved the first one so much, I had to keep it for myself. I have made 3 for my friends so far. Also made another for my aunt as a gift for her new home. I have one more to go, but I will wait until fall.:c9 :c9

I like the way Homespun feels, but find working with it a real pain:)

I found working with Homespun a pain too because the hook would snag the yarn (I was using a J,K). Then I got some Crystalite hooks for an ROAK and used one-it crocheted the Homespun beautifully with hardly any snagging.

I had only preferred knitting with it because of the snagging but now I've made one pineapple shawl with it and am almost finished with another one.

:frog

Archived