I Don't Love This Yarn

i wrote to the company about the pound of love (or whatever it is called) not pulling from the center and getting tangled and i was send replacements, and i got to keep the messed up stuff....

Well, to me it isn't as easy to work with as RHSS. It just seems extremely flimsy and splits really bad (like SS, which I don't care to much for either) and doesn't seem to hold it's shape very well. A very dear friend, laughs and carries on every time I crochet with this mess of stuff they call yarn because I moan and groan and complain the whole time I am crocheting with it. Although, it is soft, I just don't like working with it.

I am glad to be thought of as a dear frien and You do complain A LOT while working with this yarn but, I stand by my decision to love this yarn. I guess as long as you like RHSS (sandpaper Yarn) then ther is more ILTY for me!!!!!:devil

I am glad to be thought of as a dear frien and You do complain A LOT while working with this yarn but, I stand by my decision to love this yarn. I guess as long as you like RHSS (sandpaper Yarn) then ther is more ILTY for me!!!!!:devil

:lol:lol You are exactly right, my dear friend, the less I buy, the more for you to buy, and it saves me $$$$$$$$$$. :lol:lol My sandpaper yarn will get soft after it is washed and you will never know the difference.:yes:yes:yes:yes:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

I think the ILTY is a little bit TOO soft/stretchy for some things, like larger afghans. Its great for hats and scarves, though. There's been a couple patterns where I've had to use smaller hooks and add a row or two...pretty minor adjustments like that. For the price and the softness, I don't mind tweaking here and there. I have 'skein-or-two'd myself into a little mini-stash of ILTY just for charity stuff. :yarn

The one thing I have noticed about ILTY is that instead of getting softer when washed.. it seems to get firmer...not scratchy, but not as soft as it was prewashing.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I noticed that too! You're right - its not that its scratchier, but it does seem to firm up (but not really shrink) after washing. I put mine in the dryer...wonder if it does that if you just lay it out to dry?

You know, this may be silly, but I've been reading all the posts about ILTY. I admit, I checked it out and it's "really" nice. But, I chose not to buy any when I read the label..."Made in Turkey". I know RHSS uses imported fibers from Mexico (according to the label), but then it's manufactured in the US. Caron yarns are, too (according to their label).

In this day & age, I know I can't buy everything made in the United States. But, I'm going to start paying attention and try to make that choice when I have the opportunity. Given the state of the economy right now, I feel it's the right thing to do.

Just my two cents...hope I don't upset anyone.

I must've gotten a bad batch.

Now that I'm actually working with the yarn, I can't say I'm all that impressed. It's slightly better than RHSS, but not by much.

Now I know and can put ILTY on my avoid list (along with RHSS and all boucles).

Archived