Comfortghan for MIL

Kenly

My very-soon-to-be MIL (as in the end of next month) is moving to our town from Alaska. That's pretty much... well... not pretty much, it -is- moving across the country. We live in a small town in western NY state.

The sad part is... She's been moving from one place to another for the past 8 years, living out of a suitcase, not calling any one place home for more than a month or so. She wants to settle down here, with us (or at least near us) but has zero to start with, save her clothes.

I was hoping I could get you amazingly wonderful people to help me out... I'd like to make her an afghan so she has a blanket to start with. We're working on getting her a couple air mattresses for her and her husband, but with getting ready for a wedding, we have almost nothing to spare.

I was hoping I could ask you all to donate squares to make her a blanket. At least one. Color is not important. I dont' know what her favorite color is, and I think rainbow is best for a gift anyway. I think 12" would be best. As for yarn, I'm thinking just about anything. I'm new to the fiber world, but I'm thinking if it's washed by hand, in cool water, mixing fibers isn't going to matter, right? I have some Encore (by Plymouth) that I plan to make at least one square out of, if you want an idea as to what I'm using to contribute.

Also, I was wondering if you could edge your square in black? That way they're all uniform as to what color will attach them. :D

She's supposed to be here sometime at the beginning of the month... So, whatever I can get by then would be amazingly super. Just PM me and I'll toss you my address. And thank you all so much in advance!!

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I'll get to work on one... I have a square all picked out to make.

I'll PM you when I'm ready to mail it.

:mug

sorry for double-posting.

but i got a square today! and let me tell you what... if they're all just half as pretty as the one i received, they're going to be gorgeous!

you guys! i am just blown away by the beauty of these squares! thank you, all you wonderful women! it almost makes me sad to be giving it to someone else, what with the gorgeous work you keep sending me! XD but i know she's going to absolutely adore it.

i'm keeping all the notes and tags with each square so she knows who to thank.

again, i can't thank you all enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived