Help with a cloche hat

creativegoodness

Question

Ok,I found this on crochet pattern central, and I want to make it

http://www.manidifata.com/InRegalo.cfm?Cod=69&lingua=2

But I can't even figure out how to start. I do not understand these directions. They are really confusing to me. :grumpy:confused

Anyone want to make it for me?:lol Just kidding.

Seriously though, any help would be appreciated. :hook

11 answers to this question

I think the first paragraph are instructions on how to do the braid stitch...

the second is how to do the hat...

but it's very poorly written, not to mention the author refers to crocheting as knitting and tells you to "cast on"... plus I'm not sure whether the terminology is UK or American... quadruple double crochet?

I guess that's not much help.

I'd say it's poorly translated from Italian.

But the first part tells you how to do the braid stitch, and the second part tells you how to make the hat. My guess is that "quadruple double" means to make four dc (since it tells you, at one point, to substitute a ch 3 for one at the beginning of a round).

I've seen "cast on" used for the foundation chain in other translated European patterns before, too, so I think it's just part of the way it's done, though it's weird!

I'm surprised it doesn't have a chart. That would make it a lot easier to figure out.

Good luck!

That is very poorly written/translated. I'm thinking the first round might be sc, since they're saying replace the first one with ch 1. As for the quadruple double crochet I'm wondering if that might not be a double or triple treble.

It's all very confusing :eek

:frog

Maybe I will give up and look for something similar!! It is giving me a :headache !

I just loved it because it wouldn't be too hot, it's super cute, and for an adult!!

Do you mean this? Cast on a chain of 10 stitches, close it in round in the first one and then worked in the round you obtained: 1st row: 20 double crochet. I would chain 10, join to form a circle, then do 20 dc into the circle. Is that what you were asking?

Do you mean this? Cast on a chain of 10 stitches, close it in round in the first one and then worked in the round you obtained: 1st row: 20 double crochet. I would chain 10, join to form a circle, then do 20 dc into the circle. Is that what you were asking?

To be honest, I was having a hard time following the whole thing. I really didn't understand quadruple double stitch but someone already suggested on that. I just think the whole think would have to be rewritten or something for me to be able to work it. I just don't like the way it is written I guess:(

Ok,I found this on crochet pattern central, and I want to make it

http://www.manidifata.com/InRegalo.cfm?Cod=69&lingua=2

But I can't even figure out how to start. I do not understand these directions. They are really confusing to me. :grumpy:confused

Anyone want to make it for me?:lol Just kidding.

Seriously though, any help would be appreciated. :hook

That site has some awesome things on it! I was even thinking of subscribing the to magazine to help with my Italian for when I go to Italy but at $95 for 12 months.....I DON'T THINK SO!!!! But there are some really cool things on that site.

Please don't ask me to help translate. I'm just learning Italian and cannot even begin plus the fact whoever did the translatting really messed it up with the knitting terms and only part of it is translatted which makes an even bigger mess.

I tried rewriting it and got to about round nine before I gave up... at one point they tell you to ch 6 as the first quad DC, so that would be 4 yos, correct?

Once it gets to the braid part I got lost and quit.

:D

Well, thank you for trying Natalie! I guess I will have to forget about it and start looking for one similar.

thanks all.

Diamond, no way would I pay that much for one year either!!!

I did a google search and found a nice hat with a brim which looks much easier to make than the other pattern. The thing I would change is that it is done as a spiral which for me makes keeping track a bit tricky so I would join each round.

It is a Lion Brand pattern and can be found at,

htp://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/ckc-hat.html

I hope it works but I am sure if you just go to Lion Brand web site, you will find it. I whink it was headed Brimmed "Straw" Hat.

You could make a smaller brim if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Colleen.

PS It is made in cotton.:hug

I did a google search and found a nice hat with a brim which looks much easier to make than the other pattern.It is a Lion Brand pattern and can be found at,htp://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/ckc-hat.html

I hope it works but I am sure if you just go to Lion Brand web site, you will find it. I whink it was headed Brimmed "Straw" Hat.

You could make a smaller brim if you wish.

PS It is made in cotton.:hug

Thanks so much for looking Colleen!! I will give that a try. :hug

Archived