shawl or baby afghan for a wedding

Hi. Got a question for everyone.

Would you make a baby afghan or a shawl for a baby to be in a wedding?

If so which pattern would you chose?? What colors????

Teapot:hook

NO not my baby, it is going to be my great neice or nephew!!!!

Terry Kimbrough has some truly gorgeous baby afghan patterns. They're the kind of thing intended for Sunday Best etc, not for everyday, so one of them might be good?

As for colour, is the baby part of the wedding party or with one of the guests? If it's not your baby you might be best to ask the parents about colour etc.

Sounds like a lovely idea :)

Terry Kimbrough has some truly gorgeous baby afghan patterns. They're the kind of thing intended for Sunday Best etc, not for everyday, so one of them might be good?

As for colour, is the baby part of the wedding party or with one of the guests? If it's not your baby you might be best to ask the parents about colour etc.

Sounds like a lovely idea :)

I agree...a shawl is a wonderful idea...here is a precious free pattern and Best wishes to you....

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=174

I'd make a shawl. A lovely, lacey shawl that could be passed down through all the babies for christenings and then used again by mama when her kids marry.

For what it is worth, here is my two bits --I would do a baby blanket from

Terry Kimbraugh. I think the bride has probably put a lot of thought and money into her dress already and may not want to cover it up.

i'm confused too. i don't understand.

my son was in my sister's wedding last october and he was 6 months old. i rented him a baby tux and i was also a bride's maid. so i just carried him down the aisle with me and handed him to my hubby at the front of the church. worked out great.

Archived