High Heel Shoe?

buggaboosmommy

I know this is from an ancient post--years ago--but I just recently bought a crocheted high heeled shoe at a craft mall, and would love to have the pattern!  Does any one have this?  My shoe is 6 1/2" long.  I could figure the pattern out, but it will take forever--and I really want to make it NOW!  (Can anyone say "impatient"?)

Granny Square, on 23 Aug 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

The spacing between the two ones was sort of close; I read the first measurements a 11_1/2 inches at first, but it's really 1_1/2" x 3_5/8"

That makes more sense now.

I used to have that pattern years ago, but sadly, it's been misplaced. Probably in my attic like everything else I can't find. LOL

Avon Lady: This slipper pattern is for a size 3' long x 2.25" tall slipper. Maybe you can adjust it and add on for your slipper.

Thanks to all of you!!  These patterns are good, and I may use them!  The "slipper" I bought is a little bit more closely crocheted, with not so much open-work, but these will help me get the "feel" for the pattern!  Thank you greatly!

• 9 months later...

You should be able to finish the slipper threadwork, soak it in your heavy starch solution of choice, remove the excess and carefully stuff it with small pieces of scrunched up plastic wrap to fill the shoe shape until it dries.  I've done this with other 3-D formed thread things (pumpkin, angel), but simpler shapes than the shoe; I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

That's a great suggestion, Granny Square!  I hadn't thought of that!  I thought I might try some aluminum foil scrunched down into the crocheted shoe, but I believe the plastic wrap might work as well!  Thanks for the idea!  I MIGHT actually get this shoe made one of these days! :P :yes

Yay!  I didn't think of foil, but would probably work too.  Worst thing that can happen is you wash the starch out and try again...

Foil might be good to support the arch area, since that's sort of hanging in the air (thinking a foil wedge UNDER the shoe), along with whichever stuffing INSIDE.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:04 PM, Granny Square said:

Yay!  I didn't think of foil, but would probably work too.  Worst thing that can happen is you wash the starch out and try again...

Foil might be good to support the arch area, since that's sort of hanging in the air (thinking a foil wedge UNDER the shoe), along with whichever stuffing INSIDE.

I like the idea of foil on the OUTside, to support the arch!!!  I'da never thunk of that!!!  :P

Archived