Bobble pat help

Yarnmistress

Question

I was wondering if someone could maybe help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am doing rows of a bobble pattern and it calls for 1 sc in next sc, tr in next sc, 1 sc in next sc. It also says to make the sc after the tr really tight.

I do that and my bobbles don't seem to stick out enough. Am I doing a step wrong?

9 answers to this question

is that the way the pattern reads? i do bobbles but i ususally do the sc,trc,sc all in one stitch. maybe thats what it means. could you e-mail me that protion of the pattern here at my inbox, vicki

Here is the part of the pattern I can't seem to figure out:

Row : Ch1, sc in first sc; *tr in next sx, sc in next sc; rep from *

Row 2: Ch1, sc in each sc across; turn

Row 3. Ch1, sc in first 2 sc;*tr in next sc, sc in next sc; repeat from * across, ending tr in next sc in lst 2 sc; turn

I follow this exactly, but my bobbles don't look right.

that I've never seen a bobble done that way. I always do mine in the same sc as well. That could be why it doesn't look right. Try it all in the same sc and go across like that.

Let us know how it works!

i think what you may be doing is making the trc a bit loose. or to tight, try and either loosen your tension, or if it is loose, then tighten it a bit. sorry i am not much more help, vicki:ducky

I am making a backpack with this stitch and it seems to be working for me. I used a fairly tight tension. When you work the row with the trc, make sure that the trc stitch bends to the front of the row you are working on. Also make sure that the first loop of the stitch(this is the loop that you will be working in on the next row) does not stretch. I hold my finger on it while completing the stitch to be sure that it doesn't. I think that idea is that the trc isn't suppoed to be taller than the sc, it is supposed to bend over to make a "bobble". They aren't as big as a normal bobble but pretty just the same. I hope this was able to help you and not confuse you more.

Okay, I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread and I am just not succeeding at this stitch. I have frogged my project 8 times so far. I am really frustrated.

I'm thinking about calling my friend and having her walk me through it. Usually she is good at getting me back on track.

Thanks for all your help. I truly appreciate it.

Archived