Crochet a Towel?

I think I've read of this before, but always thought it was a lot of time for just a towel, at least how others described how they crocheted them.

Coats & Clark has a pattern for a Bath Set which includes a towel. This one looks easier then what I've read about.

I'm looking for more cotton yarn ideas and do not need dishclothes (made a ton and have a ton left) or soap holders (use liquid soap).

So anyone make towels and use them? What did you think of them?

Thanks.

Debbi

Thanks for sharing that link! I have never thought to do a towel, but it makes sense. It would be a good to make up a bunch of these sets this summer and have them ready for Christmas gifts:) Much cooler to work on than an afghan!

If you need other cotton yarn ideas (I'm guessing Sugar and Cream type yarn?) You could make all manner of mesh/string bags (market bags, etc) for shopping. Just about any WW pattern can work in cotton. Beach bags, water bottle carriers, maybe even amigurumi or other stuffed things, probably some toys would work too. (With Sugar and Cream I'd stay away from afghan's or summer clothes though...that brand is very heavy, the color sometimes fades )

The towel is cute too!, but I can't help you in it's usefulness, I've never made/used a crocheted towel.

HTH

I've done tops to store bought towels. Not entire ones.

Thanks for the ideas for cotton yarn uses. I just haven't expanded my thoughts on cotton since I love making dishclothes (but everyone I know has a ton from me). So I'm looking at ideas.

Debbi

I made a starghan into a hooded bath towel for my niece. I used it after bathing her once while I was visiting, and it was great - soft and absorbent, and the star wrapped around her like a hug.

I made it from cotton and used the pattern on the starghan CAL. There's a picture on my picturetrail page.

I LOVE that first link! SOOO PRETTY! Would make a lovely wedding gift, methinks... I've been wanting to make a towel and washcloth set using the stitch used for a Crochet Today pillow I did. It worked up fast and easy, and people are really liking the dishcloths already.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived