my perfect reward!

I have been neck deep in planning my wedding. Granted that it's August 30th, I have only a little more than 2 months to actually do this! :eek I do have help but honestly, a good portion of it is up to me, the bride, to do. And I never realized how much work this is!! After spending FOREVER on working on our registry and now, taking a break from stuffing and handwriting addresses on 50 invitations (doesn't seem like a lot but geez...), I realized that I was right about one thing.

My fiancee did right by me for getting me 6 skeins of Sugar'n Cream yarn for doing all this work! I hinted to him after I finished the registry that I deserved a reward. After all, it was just me staring at this darn computer screen for untold hours picking out plates and all that stuff! Now, while stuffing envelopes, I have come to realize something else... that yarn is well WELL deserved!!!! Especially now that I can't get the taste of envelope glue out of my mouth. :yuck

Don't get me wrong now. I'd do it without the yarn, but I can not WAIT for that cotton yarn to get here. I've never worked with it before and I really want to make coasters for our (in the near future) apartment! :crocheting Also, I haven't gotten to crochet very much worrying and working on the wedding!

OH congrats on the wedding! What a sweet guy to "reward" with yarn. You will love the Sugar 'n Creme. I am working on some dishcloths right now with it and love it!

Enjoy!

Ick...my hubby has to lick all envelopes. I even bought a glue stick thing for it because that is gross. I hated wedding planning, and I did it really simply. I did everything myself, and I told my hubby we can't get divorced because I might end up needing a second wedding!!!

But I love being married and its good to show them early that yarn are nice rewards, hehe.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. :c9 Yay for the yarn. Sorry on the envelope glue. a damp washcloth/sponge would work to wet all that glue (speaking of, I have GOT to remember that come Christmas card season!). Hang in there through all the crazyiness...sounds like you have a very sweet fiance! :)

Congrats!!! :yay And how lucky you are to have a thoughtful fiance. As I was starting to stress during my wedding planning (I had 3 months to pull it all together), my soon to be hubby (another thoughtful man) brought to my attention a very important thing that I will pass on to you:

The important part of all of this is that you will be married. The fancy dress, flowers, music, registry, etc., is extra.

I had a wonderful wedding, and I'm sure you will too. :hug

Thanks everyone for your congrats! :hug Yeah, I really did find a good guy. He's training to be manager type material so I think he realizes the value that rewards have for people, even for tasks that they would do anyway. Besides, he recently made me a deal that for that I like also. A skein of yarn for every 5 lbs I lose. Gotta get healthy and getting healthy with the prospect of more yarn is awesome!

Although, I really can't wait till I get to work with cotton yarn. I've always wanted to work with natural fibers but never could really afford it nor bring myself to get it before.

Archived