4 more squares

kookaloo_starr

These are my June Friendshipghan squares, all taken from 200 Crochet Blocks book by Jan Eaton. The colours are totally wrong, the squares are more a denim blue and a cornflower blue. My favourite is the bottom left one, they all had to be "manly" looking squares for my partner this month. I hope they fit the bill junesquares.jpg

I just made an entire afghan for my best friend with squares from that same book. It is for her 40th birthday. I finished the border yesterday and hope to get it shipped out soon. I called it "Friendship", too. What a great book.:manyheart

I like your squares. Do you make some each month (seems like it since you named these "June"). That is so much fun.:clap

It is a great book :) unfortunately I taught myself to crochet using US terms and here in the UK my book is (obviously) in English terms and I struggle sometimes converting the patterns *lol*

I'm part of an ongoing square swap on another board, it only started in May but the idea is to get a new partner every month and swap 4 squares :)

I look forward to seeing your Friendship blanket when it's finished.

Those a really nice! I think I need to find myself a copy of that book....is that something you can find at a craft store, or bookstore? Seems like all I can ever find at JoAnn's is individual pattern leaflets or 'learn how' books. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Those a really nice! I think I need to find myself a copy of that book....is that something you can find at a craft store, or bookstore? Seems like all I can ever find at JoAnn's is individual pattern leaflets or 'learn how' books. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I got my from a book shop but I know you can buy it online too http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Blocks-Blankets-Throws-Afghans/dp/1931499683

That's the US one and here's the UK version http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Blocks-Blankets-Throws-Afghans/dp/0715321412/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213891701&sr=8-1

I just realised I could've got myself a US version over here in the UK but it would have cost me £31 !!! Madness.

I'd love to know if there are differences in the patterns though besides the terms used.

I got my copy at Michael's about 2-3 months ago. It was on one of the end racks where they keep the "fancier" books--not on the wall racks where all of the booklets are (at least that is how the Michaels here is set up!). Of course, I used my 40% coupon, as it was a little pricey ($24.95).

Archived