Need ideas for a co-worker

A lady I work with is going in on Monday for sugery for an over-active thyroid. From what I understand, they make the incision right across her neck/throat. :eek I was thinking of making her something but not quite sure what.:think I thought of some type of light scarf or neck wear to hide her scar. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe even just a lapghan or something, just to let her know I was thinking of her.

I had this operation done last year and for the first few weeks the skin is so sensitive, the only thing that you can bear to put near it is a light silk, good quality cotton or polyester scarf. I think a prayer shawl would also be nice, rather than a knitted/crocheted scarf ... and if you happen to find a couple of nice, light neckerchiefs (I found loads in fashion stores), include one or two as well. They don't cost much but it's nice to have them in different colours till the scar fades (it looks quite brutal, as though someone slashed your throat. It can be quite frightening for onlookers!)

Since I imagine she will be home recovering for a while, perhaps a new best seller with a crocheted book tote cover and several crocheted book markers might be nice.

I like this idea. Throw in a pair of socks or slippers :)

Archived