A vest for mom.

Dad is starting chemo treatment and radiation treatments for cancer in his pancreas. Mom is going to be there for all the treatments with him.

I was thinking to make her a nice vest, like the one in the new Crochet! Magazine, to wear at the hospital in case she gets chilled waiting for Dad.

What's your opinion? I was thinking of making it in a nice lilac color because that's her favorite. Is this something I should do? I live 500 miles away and can't be there for his treatments. I do plan on going down in July, after my son finishes summer school.

:manyheart

That's the color for pancreatic cancer! I have been wearing a hope bracelet for a year. My DH is being treated for pancreatic cancer and now maybe lung also.(I pray not!) So anyway, that is a great color!

My prayers are with your Dad and your family

I think it's a wonderful idea! Even though you are so far away, you will still be close to moms heart, and that will be a great comfort to her and your father.

That's the color for pancreatic cancer! I have been wearing a hope bracelet for a year. My DH is being treated for pancreatic cancer and now maybe lung also.(I pray not!) So anyway, that is a great color!

My prayers are with your Dad and your family

I didn't know that was the color for pancreatic cancer. We do a garage sale every year for the American Cancer Society and the daughter always sells ribbons for reminders. I didn't know lilac was the right color for pancreas cancer. So it's very appropriate. I will go get a couple skeins of yarn and start that vest tomorrow.

I'll probably pick up some nice soft "I love this yarn" and make it up. It looks very easy and it's made with a J hook.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

I"m sure she would like a vest and maybe a tote to go with it. My husband is taking Chemo as well and he gets cold but I'm hot natured. I always have a tote with me with some crochet, word games,reading material and snacks just in case it's needed. Hope things go well with your Dad!

I"m sure she would like a vest and maybe a tote to go with it. My husband is taking Chemo as well and he gets cold but I'm hot natured. I always have a tote with me with some crochet, word games,reading material and snacks just in case it's needed. Hope things go well with your Dad!

The tote filled with goodies sounds like a nice idea. Maybe some word search puzzles, hard candy, a cute book. Thanks for the good ideas.

Either a vest or a shawl. I'm partial to shawls.

I think it's a lovely idea. I'm sure your Mom will be able to feel the love that was put into it with every stitch.

It's so difficult when we live so far away. I'll ad you and yours to my prayers.

I agree with everyone else here... crochet her a hug in the form of a vest. Not only will it warm her body, but her heart as well to know that you wish you could physically be there for them, even though you're so far away.

I bought the yarn tonight and will probably start on it tomorrow, at knitting/crochet group.

I'm almost done. Just putting on the trim and then I will try to post a picture later. I did a different trim on it, because I never make things exactly like the pattern.

I also added a small panel under the arms to give it more of a fitted shape. That made the sleeves a little different too. Patterns are just starting points for me.

I want to mail it Friday, so I am right on schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived