Bad Crochet Karma

Yesterday I posted that I prefer plastic hooks and hadn't had one break on me.

So guess what?

My plastic F hook broke this morning. And of course, being the only F hook I have, I had to start my project over since the gauge would be totally off if I used a different hook.

Grrr....

I hate bad crochet karma!:yuck:thair:irk:rant

I dropped a doily hook and it was bent under my rocking chair :(. I broke an old hook I thought was plastic, but it didn't seem to break like plastic. I think it was a real bone (or ivory) hook. Talk about depressing.

Ellie 13

That is too bad. I would sure get another F hook before I frogged something and started it over. If you get the same brand of hook you should be Ok. :hook

Trust me - it could be worse!

I dropped an E hook in the passenger seat of hubby's Mercedes (he doesn't have it anymore) and couldn't find it. Well, a friend of his moves the seat and not only breaks my hook! but the hook broke something in the track of the power seat!

When hubby brought me the hook in pieces he looked at me like I was nuts!

I'm like "You broke my hook!"

He's like "You broke my car!"

me - "But that's my favorite hook and the seat's still sitting there! You owe me a hook!"

Well at the time I didn't have another F hook and I didn't want to wait to get a new one - you know, the impatient new crocheter syndrome. I could have waited, but I was really being an impatient brat. Plus, I decided to use different yarn because I couldn't see my stitches, so it didn't matter anyway. But today was payday so I'm going to head to Michael's after work and grab a few more hooks just to supplement my stash. And probably buy some yarn too!

Archived