We have sc!!

I've been trying to teach my son to crochet. He started with a plastic hook and some Caron SS but he got frustrated. Now we're both left-handed but I crochet right-handed. More confusion! He has to pick up the yarn with his fingers to move it over the hook but I've heard other people say they started like that.

So we tried again with some RHSS and a metal hook. So he worked on a chain for a while. Then last night I showed him single crochet. He was upset at first and said,"Look Mom, it's a knot." Well, I looked and it was a perfect sc. When I showed him that it looked just like my sc's, he got so excited. :cheer

:cheer:clap That's wonderful!! How old is he? My son is 6 and still does not have the patience for it, but he keeps trying every so often. He'll get it one of these days.

He's 10. He said he wanted to make a blanket but I've talked him into trying something small like a scarf first. I'm a little worried because he goes to visit his dad soon. He will probably flip out if he finds out I'm teaching him something "girly". Oh well.

He's 10. He said he wanted to make a blanket but I've talked him into trying something small like a scarf first. I'm a little worried because he goes to visit his dad soon. He will probably flip out if he finds out I'm teaching him something "girly". Oh well.

I have a solution to that comment from dad check out this thread . It should shut him up about girly things

Archived