Monkey Socks

lis

This is Knitty's Monkey socks knitted in Knit Picks Memories. I have lots more pictures in my blog post - Autumn Monkey. :)

Click the picture to see bigger version

2495318486_8a95bc21f1_m.jpg

Boy, after last few months of knitting, I'm more than ready to start on a crochet project next. Now to dig out my Interweave patterns... :hook

Wow! Love them. You probably had to concentrate to keep up with that! I have only made ankle socks because that is mainly what I wear but these are so pretty that I just might have to try it as a smaller summer project. Great job and loved the yarn choice.

Thanks everyone! Don't be afraid to try sock knitting. I highly recommend Silver's Sock Class to start off with so you get an idea of basic sock construction.

morehotcoffee, yes, I did have to concentrate quite a bit on the lace portion. I, too, usually wear cotton ankle socks (when I do wear them) so it isn't actually practical for me to knit wool socks such as these in our weather, but sock knitting is so much fun! :D You can always do a shorter cuff for your Monkey socks. :)

Cool socks, lis! I love that coloroway - works out so perfectly with the stitch pattern.

Just another note on sock knitting....If anyone is interested in a book that has a nice Sock Tutorial as well as lots of patterns, "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch is an awesome book, and many libraries have it. She includes a mini-sock in the beginning of the book (about the size of a baby bootie) and it walks you through all the parts of knitting a sock.

I've knitted socks for awhile now and can confirm that the first one is always the hardest and it really does get easier. Once you have that first sock done and start to understand how the sock fits together, it can become fun and even stress-free! Now, if I could only conquer lace without breaking my knitting needles in frustration. ; )

• 3 weeks later...

Archived