Pet Blankets

I think it is a great idea to make things for animals who don't have homes. It really makes me sad that I have a dog and cat and see those sad faces on tv and the beauties at petsmart. My cat sleeps on my bed but he has his own blankets that I have made so that he doesn't get cat hair all over my quilt and afghans at the foot. I have made several types in various stitches and the sts aren't pulled when he "makes it comfy" for him. I'm sure anything you make will be fine and appreciated by the animal that gets it.

My sister's dog (A Jack/rat mix) loves the 'ghan I made them, its RHSS in hdc. Haven't heard her complain about nails getting caught/pulling. I'd say SC or HDC would be the best bet

The Snuggles I make are 2 stranded with a K hook and straight DCs. Most of the time when I'm crocheting on these, one of my cats likes to come along and lay on them. I haven't noticed her getting her nails caught in the stitches, but then again...she doesn't knead either. lol.

I may be in the minority, but personally, I don't see anything wrong with DCs as long as the stitches are solid...which mine are. But as others have recommended, check out snugglesproject.org. They have different patterns to choose from...if I remember correctly, one's pattern includes SCs as well as DCs.

My advice is to pick a pattern you like...and give yourself time to devote to other non-related Snuggle projects. That way, you won't get burned out on doing just Snuggles.

Aimee

Archived