Snuggles

catsncrochet

Yes, it's a great way to use up my stash of Simply Soft. I have other brands of yarn that aren't as soft, but figure the softness adds to the comfort of the Snuggles. I have another one I'm halfway through...it just gives me a great feeling doing these.

they are nice and I like your kittys too I have a new kitten at my house DH is a dog man but DSD is like me and likes cats DH dose too but is alergick to cats and he got the kitten anyway cause I love them :manyheart he loves me :)

Crochetmouse,

Aren't kitties great? My DH is more of a dog person, but he loves our cats. They'll be 2 in a couple months.

I like dogs too...but we don't have any...not enough room in our condo for them. I don't live too far from my parents, though...and they have 4 dogs, so whenever we want our dog fix, we go visit my parents. lol.

Aimee

I'm seriously considering making some of these, as I saw that our local animal shelter is listed on the Snuggles project website. My first one will be a practice one, for my own kitty. I'm currently working on a basketweave afghan and I thought maybe that would make a nice, thick snuggle. Goodness knows MY CAT seems to think so....everytime I get my afghan out to work on it she does her best to lay on it! What size do you make your Snuggles, or would I be better off to call the animal shelter and see what they want?

MellyBelly,

If you go to snugglesproject.org...and to Frequently Asked Questions, it tells you the sizes that they recommend for the snuggles.

A couple months ago, I started a Snuggle CAL...you're more than welcome to join!

A basketweave one would be nice, thick snuggle. For me, I just use 2 strands of Simply Soft and do a straight DC afghan. It makes for a quick and warm snuggle.

Aimee

CATSNCROCHET Yes kitties are fun and our doggie thinks so too lol:yay he wants to play with her all the time. what part of the world do you call home ? I looked on the site and found a shelter in Troutdale and will contack them to see what they need and see if I can help:crocheting

Crochetmouse,

I live in Southern California...in Ventura County.

I didn't call the shelter to ask them what they needed. I just made some snuggles and packaged them up with a big bottle of Tide. I drove to the shelter and just dropped off the package. I know the shelter here takes newspapers (my parents collect theirs and when they get a good-sized batch donate them) and old bath towels.

I think with my next batch of snuggles, I'm going to include some cat and/or dog food as well.

Aimee

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Actually, only one of our cats likes to attack yarn...but usually she'll only do it if it's a new full skein. I have to be really careful to keep skeins that I'm not using away. Otherwise, she'll take the skein and string it throughout our condo from room to room and before you know it, there's yarn here, yarn there and I'd feel for any burglars that tried to make it through her booby trap. lol. My other cat likes to burrow. So anytime I'm crocheting something that's big enough for her to get underneath, she'll find a way to get underneath it and I end up taking a break until she's done with her cat nap. lol.

Aimee

• 2 weeks later...

How nice of you. By the way, your cat (the one that was wrapped in the covers) looks just like my cat, Domineaux, who passed away in my arms just a few days before Christmas last year.

Archived