Omg!!! Yay!!!!!

I am absolutely exstatic!

:yay:cheer:cheer:crocheting:cheer:cheer:yay

My 12 yo daughter has tried several times in the past to learn to crochet and has become frustrated with it because she has Asbergers Syndrome and it is extremely difficult for her to get her hands to do what she wants them to. Mind you that this is the same girl that it had taken 11 and a half years to learn to walk down steps and learn how to run (she has only recently stopped galloping with one foot always staying in the front, hopping with her feet locked in that position) and still struggles with the simple tasks that we all take for granted like writing our names without making letters backwards/upside down/in the wrong place. I am totally elated to bring to you the news that today she tried again and actually got it. I made her the usual starter rows while she intently watched and then I offered to talk her through a few stitches and she said "that's ok, I can do it". AND SHE DID!!!!! She got it! She has working off and on throughout the course of the day and has several rows of single crochet finished. It is beginning to get wider where she has added a stitch here and there but SO WHAT! I told her if she makes it into a square (just as tall as it is wide) I will show her how to crochet a stuffed snake for a first project. Her eyes lit up like I just woke her and said "santa's been here".

I could go on for hours about this! I am so excited for her! (me too! lol)

T-

Thank you everyone!

She's doin great! In fact she's about 20 rows into it now (40 sts wide) and still going!

We have a deal and she has a goal now.

When she completes the rows to make it a large square, I am going to make a head and she's going to make the rest of a snake in the yarn of her choice from my stash. Letting her pick out the eyes too hehe.

Hook On!

T-

Archived