Crochet Sweaters - summer

I was wondering how many people here like to make sweaters either for the summer months or during the summer months? I was having a discussion with my MIL on the subject and she said she would like a summer sweater. I don't like doing sweaters, I have sweater-aphobia I think. So do you like making cotton sweaters?

As soon as I finish either the pajama bear or the aran sweater for my nephew, I'm going to start on the summer top by MaryJaneHall...in her book (Positively Crochet) it's a tangerine color. I'll change the color for me, but it's a cute little top and I can't wait to start it.

I've also made several halter tops based on my own design (which is in this year's Crochet Pattern a Day calendar, btw)

Summer tops go faster, and can be soo cute. (and there's no sleeves to ease in, or fit)

I made these two tops last summer. I don't have any planned for this year yet!

Oh my, you did a beautiful job on both of them. I love them. I think maybe I could try to make a summer sweater for her. :)

I've made a few summer sweaters, but it's been so long ago, I don't have a clue where I got the patterns or what yarn I used. But yes, I do enjoy making summer tops.

Archived