Baby Binkie

tayzeanna

I just came up with this pattern the other day. Finally typed it up and wanted it to be a freebie. Picture is posted under Baby Show and Tell Thread.

Baby Binkie

Yarn: Sport weight or Fingering weight

Hook: size F

Measurements: 2 inches in length

Pattern

* At end of each row slip stitch to first sc/ch at beginning of round before you make the ch 1.

Base:

Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join, ch 1

Round 1: 2 sc in ea sc around, join, ch 1 (12 sc)

Round 2: *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next* repeat around, join, ch 1 (18 sc)

Round 3: sc around, join, ch 1 (18 sc)

Round 4: *sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc* repeat around, join and Finish Off (24 sc)

*Base should be slightly curved, right side of work curves inward toward the center.

Nipple:

Ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join, ch 1

Round 1: *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc* repeat around, join, ch 1 (12 sc)

Round 2: sc around, join, ch 1 (12 sc)

Round 3: *sc dec in next sc, sc in next sc* repeat around, join, ch 1 (4 sc, 4 sc dec)

Rounds 4-6: sc around (8 sc), do not cut tail of yarn as you will use this to sew nipple to the base. Stuff nipple with cotton before sewing on to the base.

Handle:

Ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook & in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, hdc in next, sc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch. Going around the bottom of the foundation ch: sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch, 2 sc in last ch, join, Finish Off

Sew each corner of the handle to the opposite side of the base.

Thanks so much for the pattern! :hook I have a couple people I know that are pregnant. This would also be a cute gift "topper", too. Thank you! :hug

Tina

Great idea!:clap I didn't even think about that.

Archived