Boy, did I score on Ebay!!!!!!!

Last night I locked up the office at 11 and came back upstairs to my apartment. DH was playing one of his video games and I was taking a break from my latest project, a crocheted American flag afghan. I decided to check Ebay for yarn because it has been a while since I even looked to see what was available. I love to check the "Mixed Lots" sales, there's just something I love about getting a whole lot of different kinds of yarn in one box. It's like having a yarn flea market brought right to my living room! :lol

Boy did I get lucky! I hit this sale with TWO MINUTES TO GO, I put my bid in and never looked back! For $36 I got all of this!!!:

20 Lbs 150+ Skeins Yarn Knitting Crocheting Sewing - eBay (item 200213476220 end time Apr-10-08 21:24:55 PDT) As cut as pasted from the item description, this is what it contains, and there are a bunch of pictures on the page that I linked. I'm thinking there has to be a sweater pattern somewhere that I can use all that Alpaca for! The only thing I'm not sure of is the rug yarn, because I've already got 40+ skeins of Aunt Lydia's rug yarn that I don't know what to do with. I guess I'll just put this rug yarn with it and maybe offer it eventually for sale or trade. This ought to be a great addition to my stash!

The lot includes:

• Phildar Alapaca -6 Skeins-Tan
  • Phildar Alapaca-6 Skeins-Cream
  • Phildar Alapaca- 6 Skeins-Gray
  • Wintuk 100% Orlon-4 Skeins-Teal Heather
  • Bernat Knitting Worsted-2 Skeins
  • Caron Heavy Rug Yarn
    • 3 Skeins-O10-Orange
    • 3 Skeins-0007 Yellow
    • 3 Skeins-0027-Lt Orange
    • 7 Skeins-0092-Cream
    • Caron Wintuk- 2 Skeins 0035-Spruce

[*]Columbia Minverva- Nantuk Fingering Yarn

• 5 Skeins -5518 Gold
    • 10 Skeins-5532-Thistle Blue Heather

[*]Lovely Unger-5 Skeins-Dark Blue

[*]Needlepoint Tapestry- Pure Virgin Wool-6 Skeins -1713 Dusty Teal

[*]Paton's Divine-1 Skein- 06605-Orangino

[*]Chanteleine Sologne(Made in France)-5 Skeins-Lavender Blend

[*]Lion Brand-3 Skeins- Sporty White

[*]Mary Maxim Parisienne DK-100% Sayelle-6 Skeins-Gray

[*]Perfect Match -2 Skeins- Beige

[*]Honey Spun-2 Skeins-Baby Blue

[*]Brunswick Fore N Aft-2 Skeins- Off White

[*]Numerous skeins & balls-Odds & Ends (40+)

[*]Crochet Squares(30+)

I love checking ebay for yarn. I just won a bid for 20 skeins of vanna's choice mixed colors...still in the wrappers for $26.51...I never get that lucky!!! That is over $100.00 worth of yarn!

I plan on making my sister a foot pocket blanket for Christmas!!

Great deal ELLE!!...how is your cousin? How is the afghan coming along...I'm excited to see it!!

Thanks, everyone! I was so happy to win this lot! I've won some really good lots on Ebay, but this is the first one where there are lots of multiples of the same yarn. I'm excited because it seems like there are at least 5 skeins of some interesting yarns this time, and hopefully I can get at least a sweater and maybe a couple of vests out of it, or a couple of nice shawls, or shrugs, I don't know! The possibilities are numerous! At least this time it's not just one each of a bunch of different kinds of knitting worsted! Yay me! :lol

To Claytonclan, I posted an update in the charity crochet section about my cousin and her comfortghan, but I'll briefly repeat it here. Her surgery has been postponed until next month. This is good because I am having to add a border to each square, and in some cases two or even three rows, to have all of the squares come out the same size so that they are easier to sew together. The afghan is going to be GORGEOUS, due to the fact that I have never seen so many beautiful squares in one place in my life! I'm adding the extra rows in RHSS in the color "Aran", and that's the color I'll use, naturally, to sew them all together. That way each purple square will be framed in the same color and it will make for a more uniform appearance. I'm glad she got a one month reprieve on her surgery because it gives me the time to do this to have the afghan come out even prettier than it was going to be had I just sewn the squares together as-is.

Archived