Ensign Ricky reporting for duty!

redpuppydog

Attention all Trekkies:

Recognize this guy? Sure you do! It's Ensign Ricky! He's on every single episode of Star Trek ever made! Sure, some times he's known by other names. Sure, sometimes he gets killed, occasionally several times a show. Sometimes he's short, tall, fat, thin, blonde, brunette.

Basically, Ensign Ricky is that nameless, replaceable crew that wanders around in the background of each show. We never knew them, but we knew why they was there, to keep the ship running. (And fill up space on set.)

th_ensignricky.jpg

:eek No way! I am making a Star Trek thing for our son (I have to keep it hidden, it's going to be a surprise), and it is an ensign, too.

Great job. Our oldest son is a big trekkie, but we all like to watch it, too. Mostly Voyager.

Tina

:eek No way! I am making a Star Trek thing for our son (I have to keep it hidden, it's going to be a surprise), and it is an ensign, too.

Great job. Our oldest son is a big trekkie, but we all like to watch it, too. Mostly Voyager.

Tina

Ok, that is weird. Since I'm now working on the Captains and Janeway is next... right after I finish Kirk. :eek

Can you post a pic when your ensign is done? I'd love to see him/her.

Yes, I will. Mine is going to be 'ensign bear'.... :P Now I want to finish it even faster. (We homeschool the kids, though; and it is supposed to be a surprise for him.... kinda hard to work on it when he's here all day...) :think:hook

Ok, that is weird. Since I'm now working on the Captains and Janeway is next... right after I finish Kirk. :eek

Can you post a pic when your ensign is done? I'd love to see him/her.

My boyfriend and I are both huge Trekkies, we watch Star Trek almost every night. We have every series on DVD (except enterprise) plus all the movies on DVD

I can't pick a favorite series, They are all really unique and I like each of them for different reasons but I can spot a red shirt a mile away and I love your crocheted ensign Ricky.

I can't wait to see the other crocheted Star Trek personalities as well, especially Captain Janeway. I won't say she's my favorite Captain but I will say she's my favorite female Captain :)

My husband and I are huge Trekkies, too. Great job! It's awesome that Star Trek's use of these characters coined the term "red shirts" that all other TV shows/movies use now.

Isn't he the one who always gets killed with the away team?

He sure is! Poor Ensign Ricky, I blame Captain Kirk he wasn't very diplomatic when it came to the hostile aliens, only the beautiful aliens :P

This reminded me of what my favorite Star Trek episode of all time is. From Deep Space 9 Trials and Tribble-ations.

I've never laughed so hard during Star Trek.

If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't seen it, you need to, even if you don't care for DS9 in general.

This reminded me of what my favorite Star Trek episode of all time is. From Deep Space 9 Trials and Tribble-ations.

You do know, you can make a tribble easily! Requires no crochet! Just get a skein of Bernat's Disco yarn and roll it in to a ball. Then squash it down a bit between your palms. Ta-da! Instant tribble! :D I figured this out when I had some pink Disco leftover after making a scarf.

Has anyone ever seen the Star Trek Badge I made? (I hope that's okay to post here, I am not trying to take away from your post redpuppydog.) :) I just thought since we're all trekkies, someone might like to make one. :shrug

Edited to add: I finished the ensign bear. :hook I can't wait to see your Janeway doll, too. (Are you going to do the 'bun' hair, or the short, flipped under hairdo?) :think

Tina

Has anyone ever seen the Star Trek Badge I made? (I hope that's okay to post here, I am not trying to take away from your post redpuppydog.) :) I just thought since we're all trekkies, someone might like to make one. :shrug

Edited to add: I finished the ensign bear. :hook I can't wait to see your Janeway doll, too. (Are you going to do the 'bun' hair, or the short, flipped under hairdo?) :think

Tina

Omg! I just asked how you made that badge in the other thread! Thats so cool! Thanks!

As for the hair on Janeway, I prefer the page boy haircut. That bun is too harsh on her.

I love this guy. My favorite star trek shows are the old ones. I went last year to hear Leanord Nemoy speak and one of the things he mentioned was this doomed character. This is great. :lol

Archived