Have another afghan hook question

I know that I need one that is at least 22" long for the afghan that I want to do. Silvergoose store says they can make me one that is 36" long. Should I go ahead and have it made that long. Are they harder to use the longer they are? I have just used the regular length afghan hook and done strips of tunisian for afghans. TIA

Thanks ladies for all your help. I ordered the easy tunsian needles and am going to try them.:cheer

It depends on what you are doing and how often you will use that size. I had a cable double ended hook that is like 27" and did a scarf in crochet on the double (like afghan stitch but doubled) and it was a real pain working with all that extra length. Afghan wouldn't be quite so frustrating working on an extra long needle as you don't need to slide the work around but the extra length could get in your way. However if the price is right and you think you will use it then maybe it is worth the price.

Sorry to be so wishy-washy, but I would buy that length only if it is something that I will use repeatedly. If it was for a single project that I probably wouldn't do again than I might try to work something out otherwise that wasn't so expensive. I did find instructions for making your own cable hook and posted it in another thread a couple of days ago, if you or someone you know is the least bit handy.

I didn't realize Silvergoose would make them so long.:blush I personally wouldn't get one that long. For myself, I was thinking 20-24" would be enough. I have a cable hook and it annoys me which is why I've been looking there.

Archived