Serafina Shawl and yarn question

I recently became obsessed with the Serafina shawl, after seeing all of the gorgeous pictures of them that you have made. At the same time, JoAnns had their Sensations Rainbow Shimmer Boucle on sale for $5.00. UH-OH!!!!(:blush) Any way, when you make a Serafina from this yarn, do you use a size K hook like the yarn calls for? All input is greatly appreciated!!!:yes

I always make sure I use the hook that shows on the yarn. I don't know, I always figure if I don't use it, whatever I make will come out wrong. But that's just me.

I've made 2 (wait, it was 3) in baby sport with a K or N hook! In each case I wanted a lightweight, very drapey shawl for summer. They were gorgeous and turned out exactly like I wanted. One of them was of a white acrylic which I lightly tea dyed after finishing for an off-white shawl. grandmalolly, I'm going to take off on Elizabeth Zimmerman's famous advice for knitters here: you are the boss of your crochet. Use the hook which gives you the fabric YOU want.

And good luck!

Ok I have made lots of these, most out of homespun. They do whip up realy quick, but when I have to make it again I want to try it with a double strand of Rainbow Boucle in the brown and blue colorway. I made a round ripple out of a single strand and one out of a double strand. The single strand was to thin but the double strand was very soft and squishy.

Archived