My first FBB

amydepew

Since I cannot seem to edit my post in the CAL thread, I thought I would link to a picture here. For those who have made a FBB, please weigh in on the following concerns I have:

1. It seems awfully small, compared to the pic in the book. I even used a hook size larger than called for.

2. The side edges stick out, as there are no directions for sewing them together. I ended up tacking mine together, but was wondering how you all accomplished the smooth sides. Did you stitch yours together?

Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to make more of these in the future. :) Thank you!

th_DSC_0447.jpg

1. It seems awfully small, compared to the pic in the book. I even used a hook size larger than called for.

2. The side edges stick out, as there are no directions for sewing them together. I ended up tacking mine together, but was wondering how you all accomplished the smooth sides. Did you stitch yours together?

First I want to say it looks very nice.

As for the sides, without a picture of them poking out I'm not sure what's going on. Mine do poke out a little but nothing a little pushing back in doesn't take care of. From some pictures I've seen posted, I think some people don't mind it.

About it being small, it does look small. Hard to tell without seeing it in person.

My best guess is that you left off some rows. I was looking at mine and that's what it seems like. It's easy to miscount rows.

Here are two of mine. See how the hand flaps look different than yours? See how much fuller the bottoms are?

purplefb.jpg

fboutside.jpg

Thanks all for the compliments!

Empress, yes I see what you mean about the handles. I know I did them wrong. But, it was a learning experience. LOL!!

Your sides don't stick out at all. Hmm. Wonder why mine do? I had to tack them down and that's why you can't see it in the pic. I am pretty sure I had the right number of rows, but I crochet so tightly that I may have to add a few rows in the future just to make it look fuller.

Thanks for your input!

Archived