Hope In Every Stitch-helping Denver Children's Home

maddeleine4

Thank you Mary! I'll be sure to let you know when I receive it. I really appreciate your dedication to helping my project.

pineknott- yes please send everything to the address in the first post. Thank you for offering to help!

Esther I am soo sorry to hear of your loss :hug

May your memories of your grandfather help you this time of grief

I look forward to receiving your squares. Thank you!

Mary, I also got to the PO to get your box. Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

As soon as things settle down a little more here, I'll be taking some pictures of your fine work and adding them to this thread and to my blog.

I finally had a chance to get to the PO during business hours. I received a lovely set of squares from BarbaraC (GrandmotherTurtle) and some lovely blue squares from PineKnott.

I hope to photograph and upload pictures of these later today or tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who has generously donated so far. I really really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have several adult size afghans that might suit your needs. They would probably be good for older kids/teens. They are not made with squares but are rather soft and comforting. If you would be interested in these, please let me know and I will send them.

Thanks

Linda Kulas

I am sorry I have been MIA. We've had some extreme weather here. Some of our family has been hit pretty bad by the round of tornadoes and we are now experiencing some flooding.

Linda,

I would love to have your afghans and I'm sure I'll be able to find them a lovely home.

You can send to the PO box listed in the first post or you can send me a private message and I'll give you my home address.

As soon as we make sure our stuff is higher/out of our basement I will be photographing the squares I have received so far and some of the projects I have been working on.

Hi

I would love to help you out. I have five afghans already made just looking for a good home. Four are pretty heavy and one is lighter but larger, good for a teen. The heavy ones(two strands of 4 ply) were intended for a homeless shelter, but they went in "a different direction" and decided to only accept cash donations. I would be hapy to send them to you if they can be used. Let me know and I can get them out this week before I leave on vacation. Include your addy. I will also try and make a few other afghans for the little kids as the summer progresses.:)

Thanks

Linda

I hope your problems with the flood go away soon. My daughter had to evacuate, but her apartment is on the second floor and I don't think anything was damaged. I'm not sure when she will be able to go back to work, though. My part of Iowa has had very little damage. I almost feel guilty because the rain has been a blessing to us. I feel so sorry for people who lost so much.

I heard you can't get money from your auto insurance if you car gets carried away downstream and you can't find it. ?!!?? I guess they don't want people selling their car and then claiming it was lost in the flood.

• 1 month later...

I've done a little update on the blog and have been busy crocheting. So much in fact my arms have been really hurting and I need to take a break.

Thank you to Linda K. (Kulaslk) for the lovely and HUGE afghans. I really appreciate the time and effort. It scares me to think how much shipping was.

Archived