How do you get rid of tools on blogger?

RusticOkie

When I look at my blog, whether I'm logged in or not I see the little scredriver & wrench by the page elements. How in the world do I get rid of this?

I keep changing things in my settings but nothing seems to work.

Thanks! Hopefully this will be my last stupid blog question.

I dunno. I went to your blog and I don't see any screwdrivers or wrenches.

Maybe if you cleared your cookies?

Just a guess. Have you googled for the answer or gone to the blogger help pages? (don't remember where they are, but I know blogger has some faq's)

If you're logged into your gmail account, you're logged into blogger and will see them. The system thinks you're logged into your account either due to cookies (like if you told it to remember you) or if you're logged into your gmail. That's why you can see them on yours, but no one else's and they can't see them on yours....

Go to your blog> click on "customize" in the upper right hand corner >click on "settings">click on "basics" > then scroll down to where it says "show quick editing on your blog" > and choose "no" from the drop down menu> scroll down and click"save settings". That should do it. I like to leave mine on though, it's a lot easier to do quick edits like adding a link or whatever. Hope this helps.

Go to your blog> click on "customize" in the upper right hand corner >click on "settings">click on "basics" > then scroll down to where it says "show quick editing on your blog" > and choose "no" from the drop down menu> scroll down and click"save settings". That should do it. I like to leave mine on though, it's a lot easier to do quick edits like adding a link or whatever. Hope this helps.

I did that and it didn't work. BUT it looks like it worked today. And I even logged out of my blogger. Maybe I needed to log out of my computer.

Debbi

ETA: Okay mine are still on there. I'm pretty sure I didn't change it, but I guess it's fine.

Archived